Month: September 2014
Hear Kate Forsyth, Roz Chast, Susan Jane Gilman, Rebecca Donovan tonite at 8 on the Literary New England Radio Show!
A National Book Award finalist is among the best-selling authors we feature tonight at 8 on the Literary New England Radio Show. Please join us for book giveaways and conversations with:
- Kate Forsyth on Bitter Greens
- Roz Chast on Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant? A Memoir – a finalist for the 2014 National Book Award in Nonfiction!! Yay, Roz!
- Susan Jane Gilman on The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street
- Rebecca Donovan on What If
If you can’t listen to the show live tonight, you can access it any time after in the Literary New England Radio Show archives.
Super big congrats to Connecticut cartoonist and author Roz Chast, whose memoir Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant? (Bloomsbury) is the first book by a cartoonist to be a finalist for a National Book Award! Winner of the 2014 National Book Award for Nonfiction will be announced Oct. 15 on NPR’s Morning Edition. Roz will be one of the guests on this coming Monday’s Literary New England Radio Show (8 pm Sept. 22), so make plans to listen!
Audrey Magee, Ellen Cooney, Tana French & Susanna Kearsley on tonite’s Literary New England Radio Show
Author Ursula K. LeGuin said, “There have been great societies that did not use the wheel, but there have been no societies that did not tell stories.” The power of stories is one of the topics we explore tonight at 8 p.m. on the Literary New England Radio Show as we speak with authors:
- Audrey Magee on The Undertaking
- Ellen Cooney on The Mountaintop School for Dogs and Other Second Chances
- Tana French on The Secret Place
- Susanna Kearsley on Season of Storms
Listeners can win copies of each of these titles! Please join us!
Delia Ephron, Matthew Thomas, William Giraldi & Jessie Burton on tonight’s #LitNewEngland Radio Show!
We have a lineup of literary rock stars, whose stories are as relevant as they are riveting. Join us on the Literary New England Radio Show tonight at 8 for interviews and book giveaways as we feature:
- Delia Ephron on Sister Mother Husband Dog
- Matthew Thomas on We Are Not Ourselves
- William Giraldi on Hold the Dark
- Jessie Burton on The Miniaturist
If you can’t listen live, remember that this episode–like all we’ve aired since starting December 2011–can be found in the Literary New England Radio Show archives. Scroll through previous shows and enjoy!